I would like...

Sync & update OneDrive uploaded files

It would be helpful that when a file is uploaded using your OneDrive account you can edit that file in OneDrive and the changes would automatically take effect on Docs.com instead of re-uploading a file after making changes. This would be a great feature for Docs.com.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Avi HarkishunAvi Harkishun shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Raimar GoldschmidtRaimar Goldschmidt commented  · 

I hope that there is an option for automatic sync for specific files.

I use docs.com to publish, onedrive is more work-in-progress. But for some files it would be really useful.

• MattMatt commented  · 

This just makes sense. Please add this feature!

• Jill Ann BalJill Ann Bal commented  · 

Perhaps there should be an instant button and a setting. Meaning that you can have Docs.com grab a new copy of the published document from off of Onedrive using the refresh button OR you can check off "update automatically from Onedrive" and the document will periodically grab a new copy. This way, we can have our cake and eat it too. I wouldn't want my work updated automatically while I am in the process of editing it, but yes, I'd like it to grab a new copy when I'm ready.

• Joscelin.TrouwborstJoscelin.Trouwborst commented  · 

More thoughts... It is not Docs, but Sway that should be blended into OneDrive like Word, Excel, Powerpoint Online. Then OneDrive should have publish/manage on Docs functionality like Sway.com has for all Office files. Docs definitely should be more visible in OneDrive.

• Joscelin.TrouwborstJoscelin.Trouwborst commented  · 

New to Sway and Docs. Made me think of having traditional Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher as services like Sway. Docs would be the place to have collections. Then the question would be what to do while not having internet access. Rethinking of current/mainstream file and local/OneDrive storage/share, paradigm would be needed. Docs.com as a kind of public facing side of OneDrive? Would like to see it all brought together in one clear paradigm and user experience.

• AdsonAdson commented  · 

You can share the file with a link on OneDrive, then you can share that link at Docs.com.

Feedback and Knowledge Base